Thursday, January 30, 2014

Venus Anima

Been working on finishing these girls to completion, done and done!

These three images among others will be available for purchase in my Etsy store when it re-opens mid-February.
Deer Moon Girl

Lucky Rabbit Girl

Racoon Girl

This triptych started out with just Deer Moon Girl, she has been in black & white for the longest time an image I've drawn and re-drawn in various incarnations. I wanted to jazz her up just cause she seemed so sad so I gave her some droopy magical goo and some magical alchemical symbols and stuff so she wasn't so lonely, I think she digs it.

The idea grew from there to draw some more gals with weird animal attributes. It's very 'in' right now you know what with those playa/burner/steampunk/furry kids and all.

BUT besides that I really did put thought into each one. Deer Girl is sort of her own thing, a ring leader of sorts, but Lucky Rabbit Girl or as I like to call her : Dragon Lady (is that racist? I hope not...she has dragons on her dress...)...Anyway, Dragon Lady, one of my favorite Chinese folklore stories is the story of the Rabbit in the moon. In Chinese folklore the moon is a rabbit that sits and stirs the elixir of life which is really awesome. I want some elixir of life! She's super calm and always has some serious words of wisdom when she talks. Mostly she stares because that's just part of her rabbit nature.

Racoon Girl is the saddest of the bunch. She has a big cowl sweater to hide in and her hair is real messy, like so bad that she can't even get a comb through it. She just wants to chill under some brush and maybe tip over a trash can or something when it's dark.  She really likes knitting and she made her woven clothes to cover up her furry body.

More posting to come about the re-opening my Etsy shop and also what prints will be available.




No comments:

Post a Comment