Friday, December 20, 2013

Philly Mag & FooBooz

So being the tunnel-visioned technologically disinclined person that I am, I definitely didn't even know that Alex Tewflik of FooBooz had quoted me from an email that I sent him about his inventive Starving Artists series. Alex has the great idea of featuring all the diamonds in the rough talent of the starving artists of Philly who work in the service industry. I think his series idea is amazing and I told him as such.

Sometimes working as a server you get mistaken for a servant or just someone who has absolutely no ambitions in life. Disregard the terrible economy, the rising cost of higher education as well as the fact there just aren't jobs for my generation in the fields that we have studied and gained degrees in. I never saw myself working in an office and I still don't to this day. My dreams are a little different because that's just me. I don't want to climb the corporate ladder, it's definitely shoddy and seems like a rough place to enjoy anything. So, I work in a restaurant to pay my bills and network. I get to meet tons of people every night and some of them are really interesting and have given me jobs, advice, great stories & that can definitely be more than just 20%. Some of the conversations I have are more eye opening than all the money left on the table. While I might not be working towards the house in the Hamptons & a sweet 401K I am enjoying the time I have now, so yes, I will get you another Coke.

Here is the link to the article: PhillyMag Oct.16

My featured image:



No comments:

Post a Comment