Friday, December 6, 2013

Tigers & Dinosaurs & Whales, Oh My!

I was recently commissioned to make three animal themed paintings for Apple Child Care in Philadelphia. Not only was this project so much fun I can't wait to drop the paintings off and see how the kids and staff like them.
Dinos! Rawrr!
 The Dinosaurs were particularly challenging because no one really knows what kind of skin they had or what colors they were. I used my best judgment and inspiration from artists before me. I didn't want to the T-Rex to be too scary so I made his usually razor sharp teeth rounded, he'll still bite ya' though.
Creatures of the deep
The Ocean was really overwhelming because there are so many different creatures that reside in its vastness. I tried to stick to the favorites because these kids are very small, notice the 'Nemo'. Back in my day they were just called clown fish and I don't  know about you but I don't like clowns...I do like Nemo though.

Exotic Rainforest

The Rainforest was my favorite by far! I loved researching all the exotic plants and animals. I want to cuddle that sloth so hard!

More photos of installation to come as soon as they get brought out to the location! Hopefully, there will be more animal paintings for the rest of the rooms at the day care center. There's been talk about an arctic, desert and aviary series as well, we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment